The present building was probably built during the 13th Century from an earlier chapel. Inside the chancel is an early priscina and the 13th Century font appears to have the base from an earlier period. There are also the remains of a medieval cross on the south side of the church. The massive tower has a small pyramidal roof rising within the English type battlement, housing at its foot two bells dated 1713 and 1714.
The church has been restored many times since the original Norman building, with a South Porch added in 1851 by Thomas Penrice of Kilvrough, recorded as such for posterity above it's solid oak door.
The east window of the chancel has a stained-glass window, which is a memorial to seven men of the Parish who lost their lives to the First World War.
The church key is available from the nearby Winston Hotel . Groups should telephone (01792) 232140.
|Length Of Stay|